If you are like most consumers you don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or unless it is time to replace it. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely nice to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Keen Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you should understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair Baytown.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have appliance for many years. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to eliminate spoiling and stop the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the heat from the interior of the unit to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Keen Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the heat built-up inside the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is stored on the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs heat trapped inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it’s time to enlist a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning it back into a liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period as appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Baytown for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is above the set point sensors signal the compressor to engage, and the next cooling period begins. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquid then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils on the interior of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the hot air from within the refrigerator, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one area and distributing it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, creates a safe space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Keen Appliance Repair.
Keen Appliance Repair will service most major brands of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed repairman in Baytown undergo training to repair issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch panels, smart technology and various problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Keen Appliance Repair